The Evidence of Biological Information

Is the foundation of all biological life based on something that is itself non-physical and immaterial in nature - INFORMATION?  

Do we see the signature of an Intelligent Designer within the genetic encoded language of DNA?

As you will see in this short clip from "Case For A Creator", the answer is a resounding "Yes!".  How fascinating it is that we have discovered in the 20th century, that in the midst of scientists claiming that the only reality that exists, is that which is physical and material, we have come to learn that the very foundation of life itself is based on INFORMATION - a non-physical and immaterial reality.  

The DNA molecule (hardware) and the encoded, digital language it contains (software) have rightly been dubbed "the Holy Grail" of the biological sciences and will likely be the undoing of the Neo-Darwinian naturalistic worldview.

How did the Darwinist argument about "junk DNA" originate? Who coined the term, and why?


Biologist Dr. Jonathan Wells literally wrote the book on the Myth of Junk DNA. He answered some questions on the recent news from ENCODE.

Q. What's significant about the ENCODE project and its findings?

A. The recent findings from ENCODE and related projects are significant for several reasons. First, the results from over a thousand experiments -- involving dozens of laboratories and hundreds of scientists on three continents, published simultaneously in dozens of articles in five different journals -- are remarkably consistent. Second, by providing abundant evidence that 80% or more of our DNA is functional, the results have greatly expanded our biological knowledge and may shed valuable light on some diseases. Third, the results demolish the argument used by Richard Dawkins and some other Darwinists that most of our DNA is "junk," proving we could not have originated by design. As the journal Science put it, "Encode Project Writes Eulogy for Junk DNA."

Myth of Junk DNA.jpeg

Q. How did the Darwinist argument about "junk DNA" originate? Who coined the term, and why?

A. Francis Crick (who with James Watson unraveled the molecular structure of DNA in 1953) thought the significance of DNA lay in its ability to code for proteins. After biologists discovered that only about 2% of our DNA actually encodes proteins, Susumu Ohno and David Comings independently coined the term "junk DNA" in 1972 to refer to most of the remaining 98%. Some biologists (such as Thomas Cavalier-Smith and Gabriel Dover) thought we might eventually discover functions for non-protein-coding DNA, but others (including Kenneth R. Miller and Richard Dawkins) seized on the notion of junk DNA as evidence for Darwinian evolution and against intelligent design -- since a designer would presumably not have filled our DNA with so much junk, but centuries of mutations might have.

Q. How did we learn that the idea of "junk DNA" is wrong?



to continue reading