Our Cells have the ability to signal each other in order to perform vital biological functions?
In this second installment, journey inside the cell and follow proteins to learn about cellular interactions, communications, and signal transduction.
According to what we observe scientifically in the areas of information science and mechanical engineering, when we see the incredible amount of specified complexity and information rich signals used by cells to operate and communicate, we infer and intelligent agent behind their construction. In science this is called the "Inference/Argument to the Best Explanation" and is a normal way of making scientific predictions. It is not using "God of the Gaps" reasoning, but rather observational scientific inferences, based on our repeated experience and research.
Attributing highly complex, specific, and information rich systems like this to CHANCE, however, is definitely a type of "CHANCE OF THE GAPS" reasoning, and is highly unscientific.
Some questions that need to be answered by Atheists, Naturalists, and Neo-Darwinists in light of Cell Signals and Communication:
1. WHERE DID THE FIRST LIVING CELL ORIGINATE FROM?
2. HOW DID THIS HAPPEN? WHAT WERE THE MECHANICS OF IT?
3. WHERE IS THE EVIDENCE TO SUPPORT THAT CLAIM?
4. WHERE DID THE "LANGUAGE SOFTWARE" COME FROM THAT IS USED IN CELLULAR SIGNAL TRANSDUCTION? DON'T LANGUAGES NEED AN AUTHOR/INTELLIGENCE BEHIND THEM?
5. HOW DO YOU EXPLAIN THE ORIGIN OF THE INFORMATION (IMMATERIAL QUALITY) THAT IS USED TO GUIDE CELLULAR SIGNALS, IF THE UNIVERSE IS PURELY NATURAL OR MATERIAL?
It would seem that the most plausibile "Inference to the Best Explanation" would be that a Designer caused the genuine Design that we see (not apparent design); that a Mind originated the information/language used during Cell Signaling; and that an Uncaused Being is the explanation for the First Cell coming into Being (Life comes from Life - Law of Biogenesis).
For these and many other reasons, I simply don't have enough blind faith to be and Atheist, Materialist, or Naturalist.
- Pastor J.